recent posts

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Featuring Morley Cacoethes




Greetings to My Fearless Simian Editors of the Poetry Variety,

My name is Morley Cacoethes, and I've got three poems to lay among the incense of your altar. Real hip stuff, beat inspired ditties punctuating the holy dumb saint beatitudes and inoculating the population against the language virus one glazzie at a time. I'm telling you, these poems are coming straight from the ice box and ready to serve. I hope you dig them.

BIO:Morley Cacoethes currently resides in Northeast Ohio where he attends "the people's university" while trying to stay warm and find a more permanent residence for himself and his cat. 

Go in peace,
Morley Cacoethes

 

-----

Pebbles Upon the Narrow Road IX 

 

Such a one is near to what although he was.

Ignorance saw that because I am so honest,

everything is strong and simple, and I am 

of the mountain. Thus, the innkeeper informed us. 

My name is near to what I am so on.

Buddha had appeared in everything simple 

and that kind of heart was ignorant of foulness,

so make yourselves at home. Curious as to what 

he was—most admirable. and corrupt to speak.

On one such night, please relax and clumsy beg,

pilgrims, as to what kind of Buddha had appeared. 

Even if you are stopped at home, just one is near



Pebbles of Desolation VI

 

I will thin the high air, without having 

and right from that I’ll do the leaving 

for the city’s shades ache snaky in the void

mountain, revealing my dish rags, my litter, 

my various things sat in the silent glitter.

But wait, breathing is still early in my pay.

I pace, water and still my stove sticks. 

That little window and upped shoes weep, 

collect my debts, and buy a bottle shack.

Why does firewood crack without having 

the day and leave next morning in the night.



Three City Haikus


I sit to ascend

into nothing. I sit to

become everything.   




after closing time,

this bottle passed between us…

cracks in cinderblock



 

weeks without laundry…

in the library, a mom

pulls her toddler close

No comments: