recent posts

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Featuring Danny D. Ford




 

Appointment

 

I pull in looking for 73

instead read 73a

& something about 

nails and coffee capsules

I need to shit again

it’s just nerves

I say to the dashboard

 

I call the doctor

he doesn’t pick up


I find a bar

but it’s manned 

by a stuck up

mannequin

 

I eventually find 

the studio flat

come surgery

 

wonder why 

it has to be 

off the books

 

lie down

 

try to read 

the air force awards

wooden on the wall

 

feel the scalpel 


listen to the 

tug tug snip


feel it coming away

from my ribs




25th December, Around Midday

 

he took a hammer

to the duck’s neck

 

asked his brother

to fetch it 

from the tool box

 

he brought it down

in the kitchen

 

he brought it down against

his family’s wishes 

 

he brought it down 

on the bone

 

some of us 

had arrived by train

some of us through

toll booths

up motorways

& across cavalcades

 

the bird 

had been waiting there

all along

 

now it was 

a household 

steel claw

versus 

peace on earth

 

& the niece 

questioned 

everyone 

in the room

 

as to whether any of this

had to happen 

at all




The Break-in

 

presented 

a problem

 

before I could report it

to any kind

of authority

 

I had to remove 

the sports bag

 

that had cost me 

five dollars

& a friend 

in JFK airport

 

the black one

 

with the zip 

caught in the netting

 

& the broken handle

 

& the ounce 

hidden in the inside pocket

 

was I really 

to crawl

under my own 

smashed front door

like a thief 

and risk 

contaminating the scene?

 

well,

yes

 

I obviously was. 

 



Danny D. Ford’s poetry & artwork has appeared in numerous online & print titles including ‘Three Poets #5’ – Hickathrift Press  ‘Raffle’ & ‘Wellbeing’ - Poems For All, ‘Sunshine Junkie’, ‘Flexeril Haikus’ & ‘Slides for Alberto’ - Between Shadows Press, 'Perforated by Sirens' - Analog Submission Press. The Unfolding Head can be found in Bergamo, Italy, 

www.theunfoldinghead.com

@theunfoldinghead




No comments: