recent posts

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Featuring John D. Robinson



PASSING THE BOTTLE
‘Don’t come round here,
drunk and shouting the
odds, you’re nothing,
you’re not welcome, I’ve
got nothing for you and I
mean nothing, I’ve
given you all I’ve got,
you’ve had it all’
she held the baby and
began crying:
he wouldn’t forget
that as he walked 
away and many years
later he’d re-tell the
sob-story over and
over as we sat
huddled and
whispering bullshit
in a public shelter
as it rained
as it snowed
as the sun shone,
night,
day,
days, weeks,
months, years,
no one ever told
him to shut the
fuck up,
he was a very
generous wino,
he even
claimed to have
a bank account.



THE SHRIVELLED MIND 
‘I’ve got feelings for her’
he told me,
‘Fuck, I’ve got feelings
for most women’ I said,
‘No! its more than that,
it’s keeping me awake
at nights’ he said:
‘Okay, what about your
wife and kids, how do
they fit in with these
feelings?’ I asked:
‘I know, I can’t help
myself’ he said:
‘Listen man, she
thinks you are an
ugly-fuck with small
hands and a 
shrivelled brain’ I lied
to him: 
‘She told you that?’ he
asked, looking almost 
hurt:
‘Several times’ I
replied ‘She loves her
husband and children’
‘What shall I do?’ he
asked ‘I’m, crazy for her’
‘Drink’ I told him,
‘it always works for me’


John D Robinson is a UK based poet: hundreds of his poems have appeared in print and online: he has published several chapbooks and three full collections his work and appears in numerous anthologies: 'Red Dance' Uncollected Press USA is his latest collection: his work was recently published in 'The Ragged Lion Press journal #2' UK.

No comments: