recent posts

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Featuring Ross Vassilev


they got what they wanted


my dad was a drunk asshole

my mom’s dad was a drunk asshole

they did everything they could think of
to drive me and my mom
insane, make sure we failed in life

the 2 assholes are dead now
but they got what they wanted

me and my mom have been mentally ill
to one degree or another
for 35 years now

and we’re stuck here
in piece of shit America
surviving as best we can

as best we can.



don’t look for us poets ...

cuz you’ll never find us …

we’re hiding in the groves
in the shadows
in the night, the moon

like peeping-Toms
or stalkers that follow you round
the streets of the city.

We write because the world is
what it is.

We write because of the world
and in spite of it.

We write to spite
our families
the friends we never had
and ourselves.

We write cuz it’s something to do
while gangs shoot each other
in American cities
and the troops go off to fight
for the oil companies.

(fuck it,
maybe I should learn guitar?)



“self-radicalized”

I got away
from the Bulgarian
pederasts

now I just have to
get away
from you American
trailer trash

it helps to be
“self-radicalized”

(communist
not Islamist)

I need to start
buying guns.



Americans

fat
beer-drinking
football-watching
flag-waving
troops-honoring
trailer trash
who get into fights at Walmart
who go to restaurants
and spend all evening yelling
who watch America’s Got Talent
who let their large vicious dogs
roam the streets
who hate immigrants (like me)
and want to build a wall on the border--
what ugly hole in the universe
did you crawl out of?
and how do I shove you back in there?



babykillers

my fingers seem to have
a mind of their own

always doing what they want to
not what I tell them to do

but I do something 100 times
and get the hang of it

I can play blues
and rockabilly rhythms well enough

(you only need one note
at a time if you want)

if I get good enough maybe
someday I can join a punk band

and we’ll write songs about
the US military

and other babykillers.



No comments: