recent posts

Monday, January 31, 2022

New Poems: John D. Robinson



CARNAGE

Have you not heard me?

crying, screeching

and pleading!

Have you not seen me?

in the mirror? upon the

streets?

have you not felt me

in the brightest and 

darkest of times?

did you not bury me?

time and again

only then to witness my

shadow rise like the

desperate carnage of

hope,

that we have scattered

carelessly

into ancient colours.

 

 

 

 

 

DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING

My father dead at 45, death

by alcohol and prescription 

drugs misadventure,

his spiteful wife followed

two years later by the same

M.O:

I didn’t see that coming,

the 3 or 4 times of

catching my dick in my

trouser zipper

or catching my hair or

beard on fire whilst firing

up a joint:

didn’t see that coming,

a beautiful daughter

who has given us 3 

angelic grandchildren,

and all the animal

friends throughout my

life,

I didn’t see that coming,

a ghost-child abortion

into which I was too weak

to resist:

of becoming

Holy&intoxicated

with books,

of making it this far,

of drowning beautifully

in other worldly cultures,

of being in awe of nature

and in the beauty and the 

shame of

the human-nature,

didn’t see that coming,

and neither

did this poem.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CRUMBLED AND TANGLED

She is there,

somewhere,

as the days

crumble into

tangled years:

so long ago

loitering within,

I don’t know if

she is

still alive

or how she is

getting through

this life:

it’s hard to

dismiss pain,

I know

we both felt this

and maybe

this poem

will finally

pardon

the guilt of

us

both.

No comments: