recent posts

Friday, October 27, 2017

New Poetry by John D Robinson



WATCH-OUT
We opened up all the windows
of the moving car, the fly was
ignoring this and flew around
the vehicle, irritating and
annoying:
‘Kill it!’ I said as my wife
swiped at it across the steering-
wheel: the fucker was quick:
I saw it coming towards me, I
didn’t want to murder it:
I karate chopped it with my
right hand, stunning the
thing and knocking it
towards an open window,
instantly, I followed up with
a lightning left back hand
karate strike that knocked
the fly clean out of the car:
it was awesome, it took me
by surprise and I knew this
was a performance never to
happen again, I felt like a
codeine-hash stoned
Bruce Lee;
‘Did you see that?’ I asked
my wife,
‘See what?’ she said,
‘What I did with that fly’ I
said:
‘Fuck the fly!’ she said,
sadly ignorant of my
breath-taking artistry.


THE RUBBER
‘This is awful: can you
help me? I don’t like
this: shit! this doesn’t
help the moment’ I said:
‘Calm down’ she said
‘Let me put the damn
thing on’
with such poise, timing,
touch and sensuality she
put the durex on my
excitement:
it felt odd and alien and
looked hideous:
‘Don’t lose it now’ she
said moving in close and
making the right moves:
and then afterwards,
‘Look at this fucking
thing!’ I said as I peeled
it from my pecker and
then holding the thing up
in the air like a sordid
trophy and then tossing
the thing towards the
trash can, where many
lives can often end up.

BUK AND I
Back in the early 1980’s
I was published in an english
language text book for
german students:
also featured in this
publication was a poem by
Charles Bukowski:
I was paid $15:00 for my
poem:
I don’t know how much
Bukowski was paid for his:
anyhow, for a teenage
poet being between the
pages with Buk
was payment enough.

SHE WAS TAME
She was a little older than
my mother and she had
red-fire hair and she’d
sunbathe in her back
garden in black or purple
bra and panties:
I’d looked at her with
13 year old eyes and
marvelled at her flesh
and shapely curves and
my imagination would
torment me wildly and a
little later I’d hear her
screaming appalling abuse
at her husband and
children, horrid and vile
words that stained the
air and destroyed any
sense of sensuality:
my very first encounter
with a woman with the
body of Aphrodite with
the tongue of the fallen
angel but she was tame
compared to some of the
ladies I was later to meet

THE CONFRONTATION
I was hopeless at the work
and fucked things up; the
foreman cursed me and I
came back with some young
thoughtless comment:
I was grabbed and pulled
away and told to walk
off the site, whilst I still
could and that’s what I
did and my thoughts
played heavy on backing-
down: it’s a bitter taste
but sometimes it just
makes sense to give it up
to avoid a useless
confrontation and defeat,
a beating, the pain and
humiliation: to walk away
and get ready and stronger
and prepared for the
next asshole.

No comments: