recent posts

Saturday, October 3, 2026

New Poems: Sushant Thapa



Fragrance Spreading Spring


A flower

I kept in a flower pot,

The pot of plastic,

With no touch of soil.

Something moved in me.

Every day I felt

A deep suffocating rage

Till the flower

Touched the soil.

Spring arrived late

For me that season

My mind became a snowfield.

My hands were frosted

I lost my fingers.

I wonder how

The flower will touch

The soil.

One midnight I stumbled

On the flower pot,

The pot fell from the balcony

And broke,

It touched the garden soil

And slowly grew

To be the fragrance spreading

Spring.




Rolling Life's Dice


I hear the giggles

Of a sweet childhood

In photographs

That capture a memory

Dull is the unnoticed delight

Yet, the mind does not lie

Listening to the chirping birds

A wine glass in hand

Drips drops of aesthetics

Tipsy is the untried life

I learn to walk straight

As I crawl through life


Heaps of books,

Newspapers

And paintings,

Even painted paperweights

Make a sight

Lots of inner reflection

To sit at the study table

And roll the dice of life.




Trading Shoes


Drowning the fear

I learn to swim

I face the mirror

It shrinks to dew

I miss the maple leaf

Before the dew dries

On it

Autumn is a musical

Rustling leaf

A childhood paper boat

Misses the rain

In the compound

Tea stalls house more stories

Than a library

In a verbose town.

I remember the story

Of a worn out umbrella

That cried

When you got wet in rain

The earth seems burning

When you lose faith

Divine blessings

Are philosophies

That ask you to

Hold each other

And maybe walk the first mile

And trade shoes.




Digital Distraction


Digital distraction

Keeps me alone.

A silent solitude

Becomes a noisy park.

I see bots and cartoonish faces

No healing rain.

A sense of false accomplishment,

We need to pretend

There is no Wi-Fi ,

We need to talk to each other.

All other validations,

All other relationships corrode.

There are sometimes

When I don't feel like writing.

Now, as I type, I feel the same.

Did I approach properly?

Did I convey my priorities?

I question my realities too.

I am alone,

Yet another game of listening

To the voices of distractions.




Bio: Sushant Thapa is a Nepalese poet and fiction writer from Biratnagar-13, Nepal,

with ten books of poems to his credit and two books of short stories. The books of poems

are: The Poetic Burden and Other Poems (Authorspress, New Delhi, 2020), Abstraction

and Other Poems (impspired, UK, 2021), Minutes of Merit (Haoajan Publishers,

Kolkata, 2021), Love's Cradle (World Inkers Printing and Publishing, New York, New

York, Dakar, Senegal, 2023), Spontaneity: A New Name of Rhyme (Ambar Publication

House, New Delhi, 2023), Chorus of Simplicity and Other New Poems (Ukiyoto

Publishing, Philippines, India, USA, 2024), Finding My Soul in Kathmandu (Ukiyoto

Publishing, Philippines, India, USA, 2024),  My Grandfather Had Been a Cowboy

(Ukiyoto Publishing, Philippines, India, USA, 2025), The Walking Rebel (Transcendent

Zero Press, Houston, Texas, USA, 2025) and When I Desire and Other Poems (Ukiyoto

Publishing, Philippines, India, USA, 2026).

His first collection of flash fiction and short stories is titled "The One Rupee Taker and

Other Stories from Nepal" published by Ukiyoto Publishing in 2024. His second

collection of short stories is titled "The White Dot and Other Stories" published by

Transcendent Zero Press based in Houston, Texas, USA in 2026. 


Thapa holds an M.A. in English from Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi, India.

Curriculum Development Center has approved a poem by Sushant Thapa titled

"Festivities" to be taught in Grade 6 in Nepal. It is included in the book Paragon

English. He poems are widely published in online and print.

Sushant has also edited two anthologies: Tales of Love An Anthology of Erotic Stories

(as an editor), published by Ukiyoto Publishing, 2025, he has co-edited Shivers in the

Dark An Anthology of Horror Stories, published by Ukiyoto Publishing, 2025 and he is

the co-editor of The Transgender World Volume I, which is edited by Monalisa Parida.

No comments: