A carrion call from RD Armstrong, editor and publisher of Lummox Press:
It's time to answer the CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
• This year's Lummox Poetry Anthology has no theme..nor does the poetry contest.
• Guidelines can be found at this link (PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES BEFORE SUBMITTING).
• LUMMOX #6 is also looking for illustrations, collages, artwork of all kinds (unfortunately we only pay in a contributor copy).
• This year's Lummox Poetry Contest offers a $100 cash prize plus 40 copies of a chapbook that Lummox Press will publish for the winner, plus a mini feature in Lummox #6. Guidelines for the contest: here (again, please read ALL of the explanations). There is a $15 Reading Fee, payable via the PayPal button.at the top of the website's welcome page.
• The Winner and 2nd & 3rd place will be selected by poet and teacher, Judith Skillman.
• Poets who are in 2nd and 3rd place will be part of the mini feature, plus they will receive a copy of the chapbook, and they'll also get a cool coffee cup to further inspire them next year.
• Send your poems to RD Armstrong.
• Last year's ISMS issue(Lummox #5) was a successful issue (in spite of the elections) and it contained poetry from across the US, Canada, the UK, Italy, Australia and Nepal!
• Lummox Press also publishes poetry collections from small to large (24 to 300+ pages). In addition to that, we also publish anthologies and works of an experimental nature, so pitch your idea to RD Armstrong..."One of the most open-minded editors around" (according to Nancy Shiffrin). All these titles are accessible at the website along with Lummox t-shirts, mugs and other goodies (they make great stocking stuffers)! Support your local Lummox!
The Submission Guidelines again: http://www.lummoxpress.com/lc/welcome/lummox-guidelines/