recent posts

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

New Release: Michael Marrotti F.D.A. Approved Poetry (2016)


Here's a couple of poems from the collection:


The Inevitability Of Narcotics

I feel lethargy
catching up
after the long haul
on the prowl again
to replenish all
the pills I've eaten
Looking down
from the overlook
on Mt. Washington
until the stash
is depleted
Mummified in
wet blankets from
drops of sweat
forming a river
the size of Allegheny
all that awaits
is a couch
that feels like
concrete
I find myself
here periodically
desperate as
a convicted felon
pleading not guilty
Waiting for the bond
to reach ten percent
when every minute spent
feels like it'll be my last
one cage to another
living a life of fees
crawling out
of an orange bottle


Pharmaceutical Pleasure

I can smell it
from a block away
as the rain drips
from the dark skies
I can taste it
There's a
procedure
to be had
once I make
that journey
grinding it down
dust to dust
It goes hand
to hand with
a cigarette
all these
chemicals
to alleviate
the boredom
I'll finish this line
after I finish
the other
This is between
my dealer
my lovers
paycheck
and the will
to persist
when all other
options are futile

(reprinted with the poet's permission)



Michael Marrotti is an author from Pittsburgh, using words instead of violence to mitigate the suffering of life in a callous world of redundancy. His primary goal is to help other people. He considers poetry to be a form of philanthropy. When he's not writing, he's volunteering at the Light Of Life homeless shelter on a weekly basis. If you appreciate the man's work, please check out his book, F.D.A. Approved Poetry, available at Amazon.
Attachments area

No comments: